Monday, June 8, 2009

The Skinny Oreocereus


What a mouthful! This is an Oreocereus pseudofossulatus. I think I'll call it the skinny oreocereus! This plant branches out and forms a small "bush." It grows fast and will produce red/purple flowers after 10-15 years. It has wispy wool and strong spines. I have treated it as needing normal cactus watering and I have it in a pot outside. It wintered indoors. With the exception of a bare spot at the base of the plant, it is doing fine. It was included in the cactus garden that I mentioned I bought 3 years ago. I separated it on its own last year.

Hi! It's me. GG. The Las Vegas Cockapoo. I have to show everyone out there my new "do." My Mom finally gave the evil lady with the clippers the go-ahead to "take it all off!" Well, my Mom showed a little mercy and told the lady to leave about an inch all over. ... Actually, I kind of like it. Ever since I came home from the groomer 3 days ago, my Mom and Dad haven't been able to keep their hands off me. I like that even though I try not to show it. I really just like my tummy rubbed but I'll take a little back and ear massage as a good substitute. Oh, and I have to admit that this "do" is a lot cooler than the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment