Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hello - 5/03/09


This blog has been created to catalog my cactus collection which has become quite extensive. I have 59 cacti at this point in time. This is counting several cacti that I have planted in our backyard.

I have found that it is becoming difficult for me to keep up with their names and required care. This blog will give me a reference for the future of my collection. And, hopefully, I will not make the same mistakes I have already made. New mistakes are still a possibility!

I began my collection about 20 years ago when I was still living in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I still have three cacti that were collected in the first five years. Join GG and I as we travel through the spines and aureoles of cactusland.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous flower! Which plant produced it? My "ball" is getting ready to bloom. I can't wait. I'm excited to get to know more about catus. Teach on! Later, Debbie D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower is beautiful and thanks for including me. GG is a perfect writer.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower featured in this entry was produced by the Argentine Giant Cactus which is planted in my backyard. My Mom doesn't allow me to visit it very often so I've only seen this flower from the window. It arrives overnight as a bloom and, by the next night, it has wilted. But the bud takes a long time to develop and my Mom knows when the flower will happen.

    ReplyDelete